Jerk, split jerk, behind the neck jerk
1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1
We all have our battles when it comes to nutrition. Here's a great post from Wendy T. about her battles! Thanks for sharing Wendy!
My Paleo 12 Step Program
By Wendy Tomaschow with expert help from Dr. Jesseca Tighe, Certified Addictions Counselor, Therapist, and dear friend
The thought of a 12 step program came to me at my most recent bout with sugar. The next day at a grueling Crossfit workout, I thought to myself, “When will sugar and I be done? When will I hate the feelings of anxiety and puking due to sugar intake be enough in a weak moment to say NO to sugar?” My hope is that when you read this you will find humor and a bit of something important to take away. As they say in 12 step programs, take what you like and leave the rest.
1. We admitted we were powerless over sugar and refined carbohydrates and that our diets had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that Paleo eating could restore our emotions, mental stamina, and physical being too its original design.
3. Made a decision to turn our pantries, refrigerators, and grocery store shopping over to the care of Grok (the original Paleo guy/gal).
4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of what we put in our mouths and evaluate the foods purpose for our bodies.
5. Admitted to Grok, to ourselves, and everyone on Facebook the exact nature of the toxic food we ate.
6. Were entirely ready to have Paleo remove all these food created defects of body, mind, and soul.
7. Humbly asked to have all our toxic food habits replaced with Paleo so we can eradicate the hangover feeling during our Crossfit workout.
8. Made a list of all things we could not eat and became willing to say “Good-bye” to them all.
9. Made direct amends to our children for all the Paleo food in their lunch that they have to defend to others.
10. Continued to inventory what we put in our mouths and when we eat refined sugar and carbohydrates, PROMPTLY admitted it on Facebook and everywhere else.
11. Sought through the Paleo way of life to continue to improve our mind, body, and souls asking only for the knowledge to make choices that align with healing our beings.
12. Having had a data driven body, mind, and soul awakening as the result of Paleo, we tried to carry this healing message to others through Crossfit, Facebook, and casual conversation, and practice these Paleo principles in all our affairs.
13. Quotes from Paleoholics
A. Trudging the road of Paleo lifestyle—means eating with purpose
B. From my 10 year old’s mouth while running after school during running club, “If we were the caveman right now, we would be running to catch our food.”
C. For those of you who believe that Paleo is a cult and not research evidence based and believe it is harmful, you have Contempt Prior to Investigation.
D. For those of you who question Paleo, we are not a monopoly. We are a select few who have found a way that works for us.
I will be starting my own anniversary 30 day Paleo challenge. One year ago, October 1, 2010, I participated in Evolve’s Paleo eating challenge. It was tough and I made it through it. I gained a pound and lost 9 caliper marks per Jon’s measurements. I lost fat and gained muscle. Jesseca, whose great expertise helped write these 12 steps, also will be participating in the challenge this year. Join me and see what your data looks like at the end of this challenge!